Information We Collect
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, Posts, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you're using lazygirls on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have lazygirls features.
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain data that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. Here are some of the types we collect:
- Log Data. When you use lazygirls or go to a webpage or use an app that has lazygirls features (like our "LazyPost" button), our servers automatically record information ("log data") including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web pages you visited that had lazygirls features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used lazygirls, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using lazygirls on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect lazygirls and our users.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting posts or forum content you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in certain celebrities or popular items, we may display similar popular content.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like forum replies or comments, happens on lazygirls), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include posts you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on lazygirls. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on lazygirls when they first sign up for lazygirls. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on lazygirls using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever lazygirls does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a lazygirls account, many of the choices you have on lazygirls are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change preferences in your account settings at any time
- Close your account at any time. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access lazygirls. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
When you create posts and forum threads, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or lazygirls; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using lazygirls how many people commented on something they shared, or the percentage of people who vote on a post after viewing it.
We reserve the right to release current or past member information in the event that:
- lazygirls.info believes that User's use of lazygirls; is being or has been in violation of the Terms of Service.
- User has committed unlawful acts.
- The information is subpoenaed.
- lazygirls deems it necessary or appropriate.
Our Policy on Children's Information
lazygirls accounts are not authorized for use by children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use lazygirls after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.